Thursday 1 May 2014

The Best Peasant Blouse pattern ever!

I love peasant blouses. I have a favorite, one I bought ready to wear a few years ago at the Gap. I always thought I would copy it and knock it off. I never did get around to it, I have made about four different versions, none of them I liked so I kept looking. Anyways I found it, search over. I'm a happy girl.

It's New Look 6091 . I've had it for a while, I don't think the reviews were all that positive, so it sat there keeping the rest of my pattern stash company, until I found this lovely cotton lawn in a paisley border print. I gave it a whirl and I'm so glad I did.
Not the best photos I know but this is me after a day working in it, and it was hot today 26c. The fabric is so yummy. Of course my husband said - 'black and grey, we haven't seen those colours for a while' HaHa.
What I liked about this one was, it fit right out of the envelope, size 8, all I did was shorten the sleeves. Oh ya I added 3 1/2 inches to the length so I could have a nice wide hem. There is no elastic, it's a bias bound neck and sleeve, a bit fiddley so it was hand stitched - but that only took a few minutes. The next time I make it I will widen the hip width by an inch or so and maybe do a scalloped hem or some funky trim. Yup I guess there is still a little of the 70's in me, I like my hippie styles! This will be one I will be making again and again.

No comments: