Well I won't be running out to make these in a hurry again. I think they turned out quite nice. The husband likes them - he said I will be easy to find in the Casino! And Lola likes them! I will even wear them!
From the get go Burda patterns always leave me scratching my head. The instructions and pattern markings are incomplete somehow , like they don't want to use too much ink. Yet I have sewn Burda magazine since 1982( I still have them all) which have even fewer instructions, and I have better results because I just know I'm going to have to figure it out for myself anyways.
Grand total of broken needles : 5.
I opted not to put the belt loops on because I won't be tucking anything in to them and it will be flatter under form fitting tops without them. And I was tired of breaking needles.
I shortened the pockets also, they always seem to show through on my thigh and look unsightly.
I used some cute snaps for the closure- they look like little buttons, these have been in my stash forever. I always sweat bullets when I do the hammer things. Nothing like spending all that time and energy and then ruining it at the end. I found a new use for glue dots, (used for scrap booking ) they held my snaps firmly to the tool base while I tapped them in- worked well.
One of my objectives was to use colour- check. The other was to find a TNT pant pattern- fail. Even though they turned out okay I had to do way to much to get them there. Part of that is my fault, should have picked a pattern with narrower legs.
Again with the Burda instructions... The zip application and markings were making me crazy so I just used my tried and true Kwik Sew method. So simple and fail proof.
My next projects will be some little tops and blouses for spring /summer . For my MAGAM project I think I will attempt a pencil skirt and peplum top for a wedding I have to attend in the summer, I'm thinking a matlesse, brocade or jacquard of some sort.
Sew long for now.