Monday 14 April 2014

Inspiration dress

I just cannot pull it off. I'm sure many people could-just not me. So my dress will now officially become a tunic. I will spare you the pictures of what it looked like on me. It looks pretty good on my Dolly Lama though. But she is bigger then me by about 5 inches and filled out better then I am.
The new plan is to cut it off. Leave a nice weighty hem, and make a kangaroo pocket, which I will match as best I can to the design. With so much going on I don't want any more distractions. Then I will be happy, then I will actually wear it.
The fabric I should have used was this one. I got it the same day with about 15 other pieces of cloth. I must have been just too excited to dive in and didn't think it through. Mind you, I really do like it. I could give it away but I don't want to.

In fact, while my pattern is not yet folded up, I think I will remake it. Now that I know what I'm doing , it should only take me an afternoon to whip one up. I think I will put the original seam in the back, for fitting,but I'm still not sure about a belt unless I put an elastic empire waistline in it first.

It does look like the inspiration dress- boo hoo!

 

No comments: