Friday 21 March 2014

Vogue 8691

 

Vogue 8691 view D

OMG! Love this top!

I wore it work yesterday and I had soooo many compliments. The fabric I chose is a velvet burn out that has been in my stash for a very long time, I bought it at my local sewing machine dealer, Sundrop Textiles. I didn't add the flounce because I didn't have enough fabric nor did I have a contrast fabric that I thought would work with it. As it happens, I like the way it turned out without it. The fabric is kinda fancy and it would have looked a little too "fluffy" for an every day look, for me anyways .The princess cut is very flattering , just skimming your curves in all the right ways. I used the twin needle for top stitching with a longer stitch length - about a 4- to keep it from puckering . The hem is left unfinished , I had a hard time with that idea but it lends itself to a more modern finish( or rather, modern unfinish).

I have plans for making this many more times. View A with a zipper looks like fun.

For now , just making more laundry!

 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 





 

 

 

No comments: