Saturday 21 May 2016

Finally posting my Alabama Chanin sampler dress!!!!

 
This is the Alabama Chanin 4 gore skirt that morphed into a dress. Originally I was just going to put a wide waist band on it that could be folded over but this happened instead. I like it much better as a dress as I think would have had a hard time finding something to wear with it. Dresses are so easy.
I thought I better get this on my blog before I grew out of it! There was ten pounds less of me when I finally finished it last fall. I wore it at Christmas with boots and a jacket and again in Mexico in January with flip flops and a shaw. Unfortunately there were no pictures taken when it fit better! The diet started yesterday - LOL.
When I posted a year ago this was my progress.
I kinda got stuck here because I knew I needed to line it somehow and I wasn't sure how I would do that and still keep that relaxed feeling to it.
Then the dress part evolved....sorta just a fluke......the waistband fit comfortably over my boobs- it was meant to be.
I beaded the shoulder straps and made a detachable flower.
Some close ups . I call this a sampler because I was interested in trying out the many different ways of beading and embroidering so in the future I could choose my favorite. When it's all said and done I would still have a hard time picking my fave, I like them all.
I eventually lined it with a knit mesh. I cut the 4 gores 2" longer and laid them over the back of my work and caught them in the seams. Could not have been easier. The 2" of mesh hang out the bottom and add a nice design detail and all my knots get hidden.
And here is the booty shot - ugh! But I love my dress I will wear it as much as I can.

Thanks for stopping by;)

 

No comments: