Thursday, 25 February 2016

McCalls 7191- party in the back!

It's been a long time since I've made up a woven top with bust darts!!! So glad I did. This McCalls 7191 is a little gem.
No nonsense in the front- party in the back!
Basically sewed up itself. I used a nice weighty, drapey stable georgette in the front plaid and a flowy - not really sure- poly semi sheer ??? Poka dots on the back.

The two back cross over pieces were to be cut out on the bias, but I changed this up because it would have drove me crazy with everything going every which way. I needed to match my plaids!!! The recipe looked like it had enough give in the shoulder area for arm movement. And thank heaven I was right. I tend to be small in the back but I could see how for some, bias could be critical for fit and comfort.
The v- neck has a refreshing facing, lightly interfaced. The back neck edge has a bias binding. I made this a while back and I seem to remember it a touch confusing to figure, but it turned out beautiful none the less.
I made view C with the short set in sleeves of B. I shortened them to suit me.

Overall I'm very happy with my top. I like where the back length falls.
And I think I achieved a descent match up.
No alterations needed, size 10 out of the envelope. This one is a keeper. I would like to make up a few more or try view D with out the crossover back... Maybe in light weight linen....mmmm.
Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: